If there’s something a bookworm can’t have too much of – apart from books – that’s bookmarks.
They make it so easy to read multiple books at the same time, jumping between them and instantly continuing were you left. They also make cute handmade gifts!
That’s why I’m sharing this easy DIY tassel bookmarks tutorial to make at home 🙂
1. Get your supplies. I used embroidery floss but you can also use yarn or a similar material. Get some scissors and a piece of cardboard.
2. Roll the floss around the piece of cardboard. The more floss you use, the chunkier your tassel at the end. For the chunkier pink tassel I used a smaller piece of cardboard, which allowed me to roll the floss more times. Make sure to save some floss for the next steps.
3. Carefully get your roll of floss and make a little knot to keep it in place.
4. With the rest of the floss, make a little knot where you want the partition for the tassel.
5. Roll the ends of that piece of floss. Make a little knot to finish and hide it between the floss.
6. Cut the surplus floss. Attach your finished tassel to a piece of cardboard, photograph or postcard to finish your bookmark. You can also make a little knot to attach the tassel to a paperclip.
Do you use bookmarks or do you just memorize the last page you read? I’m a little bit of both, but now that I have cute bookmarks I’ll make sure to use them all the time 😀