If you are trying to buy a gift for a book lover but don’t want to give them a book (because they probably already own it), check out this book lover gift guide I built with my favorite bookish merchandise 😀
- Bookmarks! Because no book lover can have enough bookmarks. The ones in the picture are from paperlyandco and My Bookmark. Etsy is full of beautiful and creative handmade bookmarks, just look around in the different categories.
- Funko Pop Figures. They make a lot of book related action figures like these from Harry Potter.
- Candles. Because 1) There are a lot of book related candle shops around like The Melting Library, Meraki Candles and From The Page. And it’s really cool finding scents inspired by your favorite book or character. And 2) Because nice candles are always a great gift.
- Amazon or (any Book Store) Gift Card. I swear that gift cards are in everyone’s top 5 favorite gifts. They are an invitation to a ‘treat yourself’ buying spree. I especially recommend an Amazon Gift Card because they tend to sell cheaper books and they also have the Kindle Store with thousands of e-books available. If you prefer a local book store gift card that’s great too! Let your loved ones buy the books they really want to read!
- Tablet or Kindle accessories. I treat my Kindle just like the magical book it is. If your book lover friend has a reading tablet, I bet they would also appreciate some accessories, like this Kindle Hand Strap, a new case, a pouch like these ones from Out of Print, or maybe a little lamp with a clip.
- A bookish mug. Because hot drinks are extremely popular among readers. The one in the picture is from my Redbubble shop (self-promoting myself!? Shame on me and on my cow!). But there are A LOT of different options on Redbubble and Society6. Just search terms like ‘bookish’, ‘book lover’ or ‘bibliophile’ and you will find hundreds of designs by different independent artists 🙂
- A coloring book. Since coloring books are all the rage now, there are a lot of fun options like this one from Game of Thrones. I have also seen Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Outlander and Fantastic Beasts.
- A pillow! Because nothings beats a cozy reading nest surrounded by fuzzy pillows. The one in the picture was designed by Evie Seo and you can buy a lot of beautiful designs on her shop. (Note: Redbubble and Society6 sell pillow COVERS, not actual pillows).
- A book subscription. These subscriptions let you buy boxes as a gift (either a one-time box or a 3-6 month subscription) and they are really fun. This gift is a bit tricky because the items inside the box are a mystery, so you will need to follow these companies on their social networks to get some clues about the theme of the month. I have reviews and discount codes for both Lit-Cube and Owlcrate if you want to know more 🙂